Fayed joined the bank in October 2019 as Egypt Country CEO. Mohamed Abbas Fayed is an expert with over 30 years of experience in the sector, including 19 years in the corporate banking field, where he led some key local and multinational banks in Egypt (Banque Misr, Misr
Fayed joined the bank in October 2019 as Egypt Country CEO. Mohamed Abbas Fayed is an expert with over 30 years of experience in the sector, including 19 years in the corporate banking field, where he led some key local and multinational banks in Egypt (Banque Misr, Misr International Bank before merging in National Societe General Bank “NSGB”, Bank Audi).
He was appointed as the Vice Chairman of Banque Misr from 2010 to 2014. He had a significant role in the restructuring plan that took place in Banque Misr & MIBank with ABN AMRO and Lloyds TSB under the reforming program pertaining to the public financial sectors under the supervision of the Central Bank, and successfully managed and closed several landmark transactions during his career with total investments exceeding EGP 300 Bln.
Fayed played a key role in increasing Banque Misr's performance significantly, which had a positive impact on the bank's P&L and ROE, and succeeded in positioning the bank at the 4th rank on Bloomberg League table for the first time as a mandated lead arranger. He also played a dominant role in the high merging integration committee formed for the purpose of merging MIBank in NSGB.
In 2015, Fayed was appointed as the CEO of Bank Audi Egypt, successfully managing to boost the performance of the bank for 4 years, resulting in doubling the assets, achieving loans portfolio growth of 150%, and deposits figures with 107% as well its bottom line by 175%, while enhancing the loans to deposits ratio to be the best utilization ratio amongst the banking sector reaching 60%.
Fayed has an academic background in Commerce, Accounting and finance, while he also holds a Diploma in Bank Credit, with a wide experience in project finance, syndicated loans, acquisition finance, corporate bonds, securitization, restructuring, and Islamic finance, which allowed him to hold key positions in leading banks in Egypt.
He is also currently a board member in the Egyptian Sovereign Fund according to the presidential decree No.234 for 2019, as well as a board member in the Internal Trade Development Authority.
Fayed also held other positions, including:
• Former Board member representing Banque Misr in different companies (El EZZ Flat Steel, Misr China Joint Investment, Egyptian Real Estate Asset Management and investment, Nile Fund for Investment and Development, Egyptian Mortgage Refinance Company, Misr Financial and Investment Company)
• Former Vice Chairman for Bank Misr Europe – Germany
• Former Board Member in Bank Misr Liban
• Member in the Canadian Chamber for Commerce
• Member in the American Chamber of Commerce
• Former Board Member in the Holding Company for Tourism and Hotels (HOTAC)
• Former Board member in the Holding Company for Pharmaceuticals (HoldiPharma)