Mohamed Fayed joined FAB Egypt in 2019 as Egypt Country CEO, where he led the acquisition of Bank Audi-Egypt by FAB Group in 2021. Throughout his ample 30 years of banking experience, Fayed has successfully managed and closed several landmark transactions with total investments exceeding EGP 300 BN.
Formerly, Fayed was appointed as the CEO of Bank Audi Egypt in 2015, where he effectively managed to boost the performance of the bank for 4 years. During his tenure, he doubled the assets of Audi Egypt, achieving loans portfolio growth of 150%, and deposits figures with 107%, as well its bottom line by 175%. Likewise, he enhanced the loans/deposits ratio to be the best utilization ratio amongst the banking sector reaching 60%.
Fayed was also appointed the Vice Chairman of Banque Misr from 2010 to 2014, where he played a significant role in the restructuring plan that took place in Banque Misr and MiBank with ABN AMRO and Lloyds TSB under CBE’s reformation strategy for public financial sectors.
In addition, Fayed played a key role in increasing Banque Misr’s performance significantly, which positively impacted the bank’s P&L and ROE. This resulted in positioning the bank on the 4th rank on Bloomberg League table for the first time, as a mandated lead arranger. Fayed also had a dominant role in the high merging integration committee formed for the purpose of merging MiBank in NSGB.
Fayed holds a Diploma in Bank Credit and has an academic background in commerce, accounting and finance. His wide range of experience ranges in project finance, syndicated loans, acquisition finance, corporate bonds, securitization, restructuring, and Islamic finance.
Fayed also possessed other positions, including:
- Board member in the Egyptian Sovereign fund according to the presidential decree No.234 for 2019
- Board member in the Internal Trade Development Authority
- Former Board member representing Banque Misr in different companies (El Ezz Flat Steel, Misr China Joint investment, Egyptian Real Estate Asset Management and investment, Nile Fund for Investment and Development, Egyptian Mortgage Refinance Company, Misr Financial and Investment Company)
- Former Vice Chairman for Bank Misr Europe – Germany
- Former Board Member in Bank Misr Liban
- Member in the Canadian Chamber for commerce
- Member in the American Chamber of commerce
- Former Board Member in the Holding Company for Tourism and Hotels – HOTAC
- Former Board member in the Holding Company for Pharmaceuticals - HoldiPharma